2012 & 2013 STREET STOCK RULES
Any American-made 1970 or newer production sedan. No convertibles, front wheel drive, rear engine cars, or station wagons allowed. Weight 3,100 pounds with driver. 55% left side weight after the race.
This is a protest division
No two-way radios!!
- Must use after-market dirt track style body. Can reskin with steel or aluminum .040 gauge or heavier, but must remain stock appearance. Late model slope style noses are approved.
- BODY WIDTH: Maximum 72” across top rear deck, maximum 76” across the center of the car. Maximum 82” across the bottom of the car. Hood scoop: Maximum 4” tall by 18” long.
- All cars must have complete firewall and floor pan that must be steel. Complete means that it must go from doorpost to doorpost, door to door, and from in front of the pedals to behind the main hoop of the roll cage. The firewall and floor pan do not have to be stock as supplied by the manufacturer and can be made of steel. The firewall should remain in stock location. (Should the firewall not be in stock location, 50 pounds must be placed in front of the flywheel, with an overall weight increase to the car above the 3100 minimum weight.) In other words, the minimum weight must be 3150. The area inside of the driver’s compartment may be boxed. Similar to the late model, but it must have a floor pan under the boxing. Trunk and fuel cell area must be tightly sealed from the driver’s compartment. Bodies must be hulled. No mirrors. May have a hole in hood. May have scoop heads. May have rear spoiler. Rear spoilers from deck lid to top of spoiler are not to exceed 5” at any angle. No sharp edges on car or bumper. May have rub rails (one per side only) made of 1” round or square tubing, ends must be capped off at a 45 degree angle. Must run screen or bars in place of windshield. Windshield bars must be 6” or less between bars. Window net must unhook on top only. Hood and trunk must have hood pins. Battery must be self-contained and securely mounted in the battery tray.
· 4-point roll cage is mandatory. Driver side door must have at least four (4) bars, (1/8 inch steel plates highly recommended). 3 passenger door bars or X bar, front and rear down bars are permitted. May X down rear bars. Roll bars must be mounted to the frame and not the floor pan. Racing aluminum seat only. Must be mounted to cage. Five point racing harness must be attached to the roll cage.
- Minimum 104” +/- 1” wheelbase. Both sides must be the same. NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED UNLESS STATED. Must remain stock as it left from the manufacturer unless stated. Cars may have factory bumpers or may be made of 1 ½ to 1 ¾ inch round steel tubing no more than .095 maximum inches thickness. No reinforcing behind bumpers. No railroad tie or iron. Radiator loop must not be more than 4” from front of radiator. Radiator must be in stock position. Uni-bodies must be tied together from the back of front sub to rear sub only with box tubing. 6” maximum overlay only. No X frame. Driver must sit in stock location. Pedals must be in stock location.
- Main 4-point roll cage must be 0.95 minimum wall thickness.
- Suspension must remain completely stock unless stated. Suspension, bushings, sway bar, spindles, and all components shall remain stock unless stated: Polyurethane bushings are acceptable. Racing shocks permitted but must remain in completely stock location. Shock mounting must not be altered in any way. No Heim end on shock. Changing of spring allowed, spring for spring, leaf for leaf. Jacking bolts in rear only. May be flat plate – level with frame or spring buckets not to exceed 6” high. *** 5-degree maximum camber. The rear frame may be replaced from rear shock absorber mounts toward the rear of the car with 2 X 3 box tubing. Altering of stock frame with exception of repair to original frame to maintain original specifications will not be permitted. Repairs that will be acceptable will include patching of holes and/or rust(ed) areas of the frame. Stock OEM upper A frames or aftermarket tubular A frames (length must be stock) 8 ½ inch left side, 8 inch right side. Bolt-in ball joints only (no screw in). Stock upper rear trailing arms may be shorted or lengthened to obtain correct pinion angle.
- A frame mounts must remain in stock location. No altering of any kind.
- NO MODIFICATIONS WHAT SO EVER.
- Must remain stock as it left from the manufacturer unless stated. Maximum cubic inch not to exceed 358 or comparable. GM for GM, Ford for Ford, Mopar for Mopar. Must be completely stock position! Any flat top piston, replacement pistons (NO pop-up pistons. Pistons must remain in the cylinder). Pistons may be forged. .060 overbore plus wear. No roller cams or roller lifters and no 6-cylinder engines. After market pulleys are acceptable. Extra capacity oil pan is optional. No dry sumps. Sealed Crate Motor parts #88958602 allowed as an option (Must remain untouched as it came from the factory).
- Any OEM factory head, cast iron, R.H. S. heads #12402. World Product SR Heads, Chevy#043610-1, Ford #053030-1, Mopar #P5007145. No angle plug head. Screw in studs are allowed. Poly locks are allowed. Intake valves no larger than 1.940 exhaust 1.500 (No 202 valves allowed). Stainless steel is permitted. Valve springs must be in stock configuration and specs for engines. Pinning of the rocker arm studs are permitted. Roller rockers are allowed 1.5 or 1.6 only. No more than 550 cam lift, checked at valve. Cam may be solid or hydraulic. Stud girdles are acceptable. Valve springs no larger than 1.300”. No porting, polishing, or acid porting allowed.
- Victor Jr. 2901 Standard, 2912 Vortec, OEM stock or Torker II. Max 1” adapter. No high-rise or bowtie. NO MODIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER! Stock quadrajet steel or aluminum is acceptable. No marine or truck intakes. If not listed, it is not legal.
- Any Sportsman: Chevy 5.7 rods, Ford 6.0 rods, and Mopar 6.123 rods. Floating pin is acceptable. No H beam rods or aluminum rods allowed.
- 3.480 stroke, no knife-edge. Cast crank min, weight 48 lbs, steel crank min weight 51 lbs. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- OEM or single point distributor allowed. HEI distributors allowed. DUI stock 4-prong model allowed. No MSD boxes or rev limiters allowed.
- Headers permitted. Must not exit through the hood. Must exit parallel to the ground. No crossovers allowed.
- Must run Holley 4412 500 cfm. 2 bbc. Must pass tech inspection. 1” thick spacer maximum. (No excessive gaskets).
- NO MODIFICATIONS ALLOWED UNLESS STATED. Transmission, clutch, flywheel, and torque converter must be stock type for that year, make, and model. No aluminum flywheels allowed. Steel bellhousing strongly recommended. No 2-speed power glides. Minimum of 10 ½” diameter flywheel. No lightening. No racing or aftermarket transmissions allowed. All gears to be in working order. No triple disc clutches.
- Steel or aluminum water pumps allowed. No flex fans, no electric fans or pumps. Aluminum pulleys allowed. Radiators must remain in stock location. Aluminum is acceptable. Anti-freeze is allowed.
- Interchanging of rear ends, gear ratio and locking permitted. Ford 9” floater rear end permitted. Disc brakes in rear permitted. May run stock GM rear 7.5. No quick change or Wide Five (5) hubs allowed. No aluminum spools or centersections.
- Drive shaft hoops are required within 12” of front U-joint. No aluminum drive shafts. All Drive shafts must be painted white.
- All weight must be securely mounted with 2 ½” bolts per 50 lbs. Weights must be painted white with car number.
- All 4 brakes must be in working order. Brake adjusters are permitted, but cannot be operated by the driver while racing. Any single piston cast iron calipers. (Calipers do not have to be the same size). Aftermarket brake pedals are allowed, as well as an aftermarket master cylinder.
- Must have 5/8 wheel studs with 1” lug nuts.
- Must have 8” rims. Bead locks right side optional.
- Goodyear #G-45-2945 – 2946 and G-50-2951
2012 & 2013 STREET STOCK RULES
This is a protest division
1. Only American-made sedans with a minimum of 104” Wheelbase +/- 1”. No front wheel drive vehicles allowed. No convertibles or compact-size bodies. Racing seats and belts mandatory. Must have a complete roll cage around driver. Must have 3 horizontal safety bars on left side. NO driver-controlled adjusters are allowed in driver’s area. Dual or single reservoir pedals allowed. NO adjustment cables or valves that allow driver to change brake bias during the running of an event will be allowed. Modules must be stock or stock replacement ONLY! Modules must be factory type sealed units. NO ACCEL, MSD OR HIGH PERFORMANCE BOARD-TYPE MODLES.
2. Street stock bodies must remain stock appearing. Stock appearing roofs and window panels only. Fiberglass, steel, or aluminum allowed. Any roof or window panel not stock will have to be stock appearing with stock dimensions. Al upholstery must be removed. All glass must be removed and safety screen installed in the space of the windshield. Full window screen mandatory (See General Safety Rules). All safety bars must be approved and padded. All cars must have a complete firewall and floor pan. Complete means that it must go from doorpost to doorpost and from in front of driver’s pedals to behind main hoop of cage. The firewall and floor pan do not have to be stock as supplied by manufacturer and can be made of aluminum or steel. Firewall should remain in stock location. Should the firewall not be in stock location, 50 pounds must be placed in front of the flywheel, with an overall weight increase to the car, above the 3100 minimum weight. In other words, the minimum weight must be 3150. This will be strictly enforced. Inside driver’s area may be boxed similar to that of a late model, but it still has to have s floor pan under the boxing. See Tech Inspector for specifics before you do it. If it does not meet his specs, you will have to remove it. There must be three bars in front of the driver at windshield, see tech. Must have full window screen – 1X2 minimum. NO stock bumpers – must be pipe bumper with rounded ends turning back towards the frame rails. NO ROUGH END OR JAGGED BUMPERS.
May have rear spoilers. Rear spoilers from deck lid to top of spoiler are not to exceed 5” at any angle.
BODY WIDTH: Maximum 72” across top rear deck, maximum 76” across the center of the car. Maximum 82” across the bottom of the car. Hood scoop: Maximum 4” tall by 18” long.
3. Street stock suspension is as follows: Racing springs and shocks are permitted. No coils over shocks. Coil springs do not have to be the same size in diameter, side to side or front to rear. Leaf springs can be different sizes, from side to side and have a different number of leafs side to side. NO lengthening or shortening of A-frames or spindles. Spring buckets may be adjustable. Shock mounts must remain in relative stock location. Bottom shock mounts on rear end only may be moved up to 2”. Trailing arms must be the same length. Top two the same length and bottom two the same length. Top does not have to be the same length as the bottom. NO adjustable trailing arm. NO aluminum shocks. No adjustable shocks (fixed only). Wedge bolts are optional.
4. Steering quickeners are acceptable.
5. Unibody frames may be tied together. Check with tech inspector.
6. Pipe bumpers mandatory – No O.E. bumpers. Ends must be rounded off. NO sharp edges. Must not extend past the body of the car.
7. No aluminum driveshafts.
8. GM cars must run GM engine. Ford cars must run Ford engine.
9. Batteries may be placed inside of car. All batteries must be safely covered and secured. Only one 12-volt battery per car. No 18-volt batteries.
10. Stock fuel tank must be removed. Mandatory fuel cell must be mounted securely in trunk area. Gasoline only. No electric fuel pumps. Minimum 4 straps around tank. Fuel tanks have a 22-gallon max. Fuel must be petroleum based. (Gas) regular pump-type gas, cam 2 or equivalent. NO trick additives. No alcohol.
11. Street Stocks must weigh a minimum of 3,100 pounds.
12. Rear pan hard bar is optional.
13. Non-ported stock OEM cast iron block only. All engine parts must have casting or part umbers on them for identification. Engines must remain stock as manufactured with the following exceptions.
A) GM Crate motor #88958602 is legal to run in the Street Stock class with a
Holley 4412 carburetor. Carburetor must pass track gauges. The GM 602 motor
will be allowed to run with factory sealed aluminum intake and oil pan as long as all seal bolts are proper and have not been tampered with. ALL GM 602 crate motors must have either original factory seals or seals from EAST BAY RACEWAY PARK approved re-builder. All re-builds must be arranged through EBRP officials in advance of the re-build. Any other re-builds will not be accepted for competition. ONLY GM 602 crate motors with proper untampered seals or seal bolts will be allowed to run GM Intake#123366573 dual plane intake, all other motors will be required to run a Quadra Jet intake. Only GM 602 crate motors with proper untampered seals or seal bolts will be allowed to run GM oil pan #25534353. All other motors will be required to run stock or OEM stock replacement oil pan.
14. Block only the following engines over bores listed below will be accepted:
CHEVY 350 CI UP TO .060 PLUS FORD 351 CI UP TO .060 PLUS CHRYSLER 361 CI UP TO .010 PLUS CHRYSLER 340 CI UPTO .060 PLUS. All engines must maintain stock bore and stroke combination.
For Example: CHEVY 350 CI 4 BORE X 3.48 STROKE CHRYSLER 360 CI 4? BORE X 3.578 STROKE CHRYSLER 340 CI 4.040? BORE 3.314 STROKE FORD 351 CI 4? BORE X 3.50 STROKE.
15. You may deck the block – pistons must not protrude above the deck. NO TOLERANCE!
16. SCREENS – oil restrictions – lifter tray legal no other machine work allowed on block.
A) 3 ring flat top pistons only.
B) Cast – Hypereutectic – OK – 2 or 4 Eye Brow
C) NO light weight, NO floating wrist pins, NO gapless rings, TRW Power
Forged #2566 is ok.
Cast iron O.E.M. stock production or World Products SR heads ONLY. NO PORTING, POLISHING, GRINDING, PORT MACTHING, OR ACID-PORTING ALLOWED. NO GM VORTEC HEADS.
A) Valve size must match stock production for casting being used.
B) Max valve size 194 intake 150 exhaust.
C) 1 piece solid valve only.
D) Valve stern diameter Chevy 11/32, Ford 11/32, Chrysler 3/8, Ford .005
E) Milling of the head and combustion side only.
F) Valve springs stock diameter.
G) Heads may be machined to accept large valve springs; valve spring size no larger than 1.300.
H) Screw-in studs and guide plates – poly lock nuts, pinning of studs – all acceptable.
I) All motors must run stock rockers for the motor used. No changing or mismatching of rocker sizes from original factory sizes. Long slotted rockers acceptable.
A) Stock for engine being used. NO grinding, polishing, shot peen, knife edging or drilling.
B) Eagle 4340 #435034815700 Steel Stock Replacement approved. Eagle #103503480 OEM Spec Replacement (cast) approved.
C) Minimum 51 lb cranks.
A) Stock for engine used. Eagle stock replacement #SIR5700BPLW (565 grams) approved.
B) Heavy Duty – APR – bolts and nuts allowed Scat#3-1CR5700P allowed.
C) No floating wrist pins.
A) Hydraulic solid lift flat tappet cam allowed.
B) NO rollers – NO mushroom lifters.
C) Lifter tray is legal in side of valley. No gear or belt drives allowed.
D) Offset key – 3-way crank gear. Cam offset key – Cam button allowed.
22. LUBRICATION SYSTEM
A) No dry sump systems.
B) STOCK OR OEM REPLACEMENT Oil pan – steel baffles in pan or block acceptable, NO RACING OIL PANS.
C) Inspection hole in left side of pan for rod – crank inspection. IF NO HOLES YOU WILL PULL PAN.
23. INTAKE MANIFOLD
A) Quadra Jet intake manifold cast or aluminum only. Must be stock production with part number and firing order number on manifold.
B) No Bowtie. No truck. No marine manifold.
C) Chevrolet stock OEM or Edelbrock part #5001 Torker or part #2101 performer intake allowed.
D) Ford stock OEM or Edelbrock part #5081 Torker or part #2181 performer intake allowed.
E) Mopar stock OEM or Edelbrock part #5076 Torker or part 2176 performer intake allowed.
**NOTE** Check your part number. If it is not listed for a stock production automobile no high performance, it will not pass tech.
A) Holley 4412 mandatory. MUST pass track tech gauges.
B) No performance carburetors. NO Holley 4412HP carburetors will be allowed.
C) No air filter hats
D) No air boxes
E) No duct work to air cleaner.
F) Round-type air cleaners only.
G) Choke and outside linkage may be removed
H) Maximum 1.65? height adapter plate (including gaskets).
A) Stock OEM distributors only.
B) No trigger ignition system.
C) Coil must remain in distributor.
D) Point style ignition – Dual points acceptable, but only one set may be working.
E) Stock-type coil only – MUST fit stock cap.
F) Only one coil will be allowed on car.
*G) Stock OEM or stock replacement distributors ONLY! HEI or dual points with only one set of points operable. All distributors must have factory-casting numbers on housing. Variations or exceptions must be cleared IN WRITING by tech.
H) Modules must be stock or stock replacement ONLY! Modules must be factory type sealed units. NO ACCEL, MSD, OR HIGH PERFORMANCE BOARD TYPE MODULES.
I) Coil must remain in distributor and be stock or stock replacement ONLY. Coil must fit in stock cap. Only one coil will be allowed on car. NO ACCEL, MSD, OR HIGH PERFORMANCE COILS.
26. COOLING SYSTEM
A) Water pump can be cast iron or aluminum.
B) Radiator fan must be steel only – NO flex or plastic.
C) No electric fans or pumps.
D) Aluminum pulleys are allowed on crank or water pump. No racing harmonic balancers.
E) Steel or aluminum water pump pulleys allowed.
F) Radiator must be mounted in stock location.
G) Radiator must be steel or aluminum.
H) Lower pulley can be aluminum.
27. FUEL – GASOLINE ONLY
A) Fuel subject to testing at any time.
B) Any infraction of fuel rule will result in a complete disqualification.
28. EXHAUST HEADERS OR CAST IRON MANIFOLDS
A) 3” Maximum outlet
B) Must be under car
C) No cherry bombs or cutout mufflers.
A) Must remain stock as intended for street use.
B) All gears must be in working order.
C) Three, 4-speed cast or aluminum is allowed
D) Auto transmission must have torque converter in working order.
A) Conventional clutches minimum of 10? Disc
B) No hydra clutches or release bearings or master/slave cylinders release bearings
C) L-88 flywheel is allowed
D) Mini-starter is allowed
E) Hydraulic throw-out bearings are approved for competition.
31. REAR ENDS: NO ALUMINUM SPOOLS OR CENTERSECTIONS
A) 6M 10-12 Bolt is acceptable, 9? Ford is acceptable
B) 5-lug axels only, Harden axels are acceptable
C) Mini-spools (hardened)
D) No full spools, Detroit lockers, limited slip or posi tractions allowed.
- Must have 5/8 wheel studs with 1” lug nuts.
- Must have 8” rims. Bead locks right side optional.
- Goodyear G-45-2945 – 2946 and G-50-2951
Brake adjusters are permitted, but cannot be operated by the driver while racing. Any single piston cast iron caliper. (Calipers do not have to be the same size.)
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER (THIS IS FOR ALL CLASSES)
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding.
On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules and procedures.
The Management of Hendry County Motor Sports Park
No grinding or defacing of any casting numbers. Any motor parts with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal regardless of the reason. To pull and inspect a carburetor is $100.00. To pull a head the protest amount will be $150.00. To pull a camshaft will be $200.00. To pull a motor out to check the bottom end will be $500.00 (of which $100.00 will go to the tech inspector).
A proper protest will be completed as follows:
The protest has to be done by the driver on the front straight immediately after the feature and only by cars finishing in the top five and on the lead lap. The driver must notify the flagman or the front straightaway track official, which will then alert the car being protested. The car will then be impounded in tech and the protesting party will have 10 minutes to present the amount of money as stated above for what is being protested. This must be presented in the form of cash, money order, or cashiers check. No business or personal checks will be accepted. The track officials, and only the track officials, shall determine when the 10 minutes will begin and the funds must be presented to the tech man.
**ADDITIONAL PROTEST RULE**
$100.00 for rear end, brakes, visual, wheel base, transmission, or clutch.