Posted in Hendry County Motorsports Park Rulebook
- Any American made 1970 thru current production car. Stock appearing.
- No front wheel drive, compacts, foreign cars trucks or convertibles.
- Firewall and floorboards must be stock or steel that is the same thickness (20 gauge or .359) or greater than OEM and should remain in stock location.
- Cars without full, stock or stock appearing fire wall and floor pan must add 100lbs. Floor pan may be removed from behind drivers seat rearward. Should the firewall not be in stock location 50 pounds must be placed in front of flywheel.
- Bodies may be cut for tire clearance.
- Bodies may be hulled.
- Removal of dash permitted.
- Trunk must be sealed from drivers compartment.
- No sharp edges. May have rub rails (1 per side only) made of 1” round or square tubing, ends must be capped off at a 45 degree angle.
- No lowering of roofs. The used any roof considered to be a flat roof by a tech official must be mounted level, front to back and left to right. Fiberglass, steel or aluminum allowed.
- Must have stock frame to middle of rear end.
- Rear spoiler 6” X 60” or 5” X 72” permitted. Spoiler sides must be same height as spoiler.
- Minimum 5” frame height.
- No radios.
- Must have bars in front of driver. Windshield bars must be 6” or less between bars.
- Hood scoop permitted. Maximum 4” tall by 18” long.
- No mirrors.
- Aftermarket hood okay.
- Steel or aluminum body okay (.040 minimum thickness) Must use after-market dirt track style body. Late model slope style noses are approved.
- 72” maximum rear deck, maximum 76” across the center of the car. Maximum 82” across the bottom of the car.
- Inside driver’s area may be boxed similar that of a late model, but still has to have its floor pan under the boxing.
- Min 101″ wheelbase. Must match body. Both sides must be the same.
- Wheelbase must be stock to frame being used- year, make and model.
- Altering of the stock frame will not be permitted.
- The rear frame may be replaced beyond the rear shocks for repairs.
- Frames must match bodies-no exceptions.
- Unibody cars may be tied together not to exceed 10″ overlap at joint front and rear. No double frame.
- Cars may have factory bumper or may be made of 1 ½ to 1 ¾” round steel tubing, no more than .095 maximum inch thickness. No reinforcing behind bumpers. No railroad tie or iron. Radiator loop must not be more than 4” from front of radiator. Radiator must be in stock position.
- Driver must sit in stock location.
- Pedal must be in stock location.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION
- Must remain completely factory stock.
- May relocate top A frames. Tubular upper control arms ok. No aluminum cross shafts.
- Changing of springs allowed. Coil for coil, leaf for leaf. No Chrysler leafs in a Camaro.
- Sliders allowed on rear leaf springs.
- Sway bars and lowering blocks optional. Adjustable lowering blocks ok.
- Wedge bolts on rear allowed.
- May run outboard shocks on front only and/or jacking bolts on front with 50lb weight penalty.
- Any shock in relative stock mount on rear.
- Any steel non-adjustable shock. Shock claim of $40 and your shock.
- Strut cars may use heim on top of front strut only.
- Steering quickeners ok.
- Upper rear trailing arm may be lengthened or shortened to obtain correct pinion angle.
- Lower rear trailing arms must remain stock to frame being used and unaltered with the exception of boxing in the bottom of the trailing arm.
- Lower control arms must remain stock to frame being used and unaltered.
- May not change or alter trailing arm or leaf spring mounting locations on the frame side with the exception of the rear spring mount on all leaf spring cars.
- After market bushings are allowed as long as arm is not altered, may be offset bushings, no slots or adjustable ends. Rubber type bushings or spherical bushings are allowed.
- No coil overs allowed-any type.
- Must sit in stock location. Engine may be set back with #1 spark plug even with ball joint but must move 25lbs of lead ballast in front of flywheel. No tolerance. Must remain stock as is left from manufacturer unless stated, maximum cubic inches not to exceed 358 or comparable, GM for GM, Ford for Ford, Mopar for Mopar.
- No high performance engines or parts.
- No porting or polishing.
- No more than 550 cam lift, checked at valve. Cam may be solid or hydraulic. Lifter must be stock diameter.
- Only under chassis headers permitted. Must exit parallel to ground.
- No GM 202 heads.
- Vortex heads ok, #10239906, #10024362, #12558062.
- Double hump/fuelie heads okay. No 461X double hump or no angle plug.
- A.World heads Chevrolet #043610, #043600 1.94 intake, 1.50 exhaust. Ford #053030 1.94 intake, 1.50 exhaust. Mopar #p5007145 or OEM 1.92 intake, 1.625 exhaust. B. RHS heads #12402 or #12400 C. Dart heads #10021070, 10024361, or 10024360. Intake valves no larger than 1.940 exhaust 1.500. (no 202 valves allowed) stainless steel is permitted.
- Milling of heads permitted.
- No angle cutting.
- Pinning of rockers arm studs ok.
- Screw in studs, guided plates, stud girdles and poly locks permitted.
- Valve springs must be stock configuration and specs for engine. 3-angle valve job permitted. Maximum valve spring diameter no larger than 1.300”.
- Stock appearing stamped steel rocker arms 1.5 ration only. Or 1.5 or 1.6 roller rocker optional. GM 350, Ford 351, Mopar 360, C.I.D. 060 plus wears.
- No Clevelands.
- OPTIONAL: Valve covers, wind-age tray, cam button, air filter, oil pan, four bolt blocks, aluminum pulleys, push rods, timing chain & gears, rod bolts, balancing and blue printing ok.
- No roller cams or roller lifters and no 6-cylinder engines.
- After-market pulleys are acceptable.
- Extra capacity oil pan is optional.
- No dry sumps.
- Any flat top or dish piston. No pop ups. Piston must remain in cylinders. Pistons may be forged .060 overbore plus wear.
- Sealed crate motor part #88958602 allowed as an option. Must remain untouched as it comes from the factory. Cars with the 602 must weigh a minimum of 2900lb.
- GM cars must run GM engine. Ford cars must run Ford engines. Mopar cars must run Mopar engine.
- Victor Jr 2901, 2912 Vortec, Torker II, Stock OEM, Edelbrock Torker or Performer only. No air gap intakes. Max 1” adapter. ¼” tolerance for gaskets.
- No marine or truck intake or any other high performance manifolds allowed. No exceptions. Stock OEM manifold 25 lb weight break. If not listed it is not legal.
- No highrise or bowtie. Stock quadrajet steel or aluminum is acceptable.
- Any sportsman Chevy 5.7 rods. Ford 6.0 rods and Mopar 6.123 rods.
- No H beam rods, floating pin ok.
- No aluminum rods.
- 3.480 Stroke. No knife edges.
- Cast crank 48 lb minimum and steel crank 51 lb minimum. No exceptions.
- Must run factory stock carburetor for make and model.
- Any Quadra-jet or Holley #4412, two barrel.
- Max carburetor adaptor is 1-1 1/2″ spacers maximum. (No excessive gaskets.)
- No carburetor hats or cold air boxes.
- Removal of choke, butterflies, shaft and changing of jets and power valve permitted.
- No other modifications allowed.
- NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMPS.
- Ford may use 1850 Holley. Jets, power valve, and accelerator pump may be changed. No secondary metering blocks.
- Carburetor claimer $200.00.
- 12 volt battery fired ignition only
- OEM or single point distributor.
- HEI ok, super coil ok, no MSD boxes.
- No traction control.
- MSD distributors ok.
- DUI stock 4-prong model allowed.
- Any OEM factory stock steel flywheel and clutch assembly. Min 10” disc.
- No lightweight aftermarket assemblies.
- MUST RUN STEEL BELLHOUSING. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- May use solid hub clutch disc.
- L-88 Flywheel is allowed.
- Mini starter is allowed.
- Hydraulic throw-out bearings are approved for competition.
- Any OEM factory brakes.
- All cars must have at least 3 working brakes. If RF brake is not use, it must be removed from spindle.
- No shutoffs.
- Brake adjusters are permitted but can not be adjustable from drivers seat while racing.
- After market brake pedals okay non-adjustable as well as an after-market master cylinder.
- Any single piston cast iron calipers. (Calipers do not have to be the same size)
- Any radiator, must remain in stock location. Water for coolant only.
- Water pump can be cast iron or aluminum.
- Radiator fan must be steel only – no flex or plastic.
- No electric fans or pumps.
- Steel or Aluminum water pump pulleys are allowed.
- Must be completely stock with all gears operating.
- Three, 4-speed cast or aluminum is allowed.
- Automatic transmission must have torque converter in working order.
- Must be stock steel only painted white. Must have safety hoop within 12” of front u-joint.
- Interchanging of rear ends, gear ratios and locking permitted.
- NO quick change.
- Trailing arm brackets may be aftermarket. Ford 9 inch floater rear end ok.
- Stock rear end 75 lb weight break.
- 5 lug axles only. Harden axels are acceptable.
- Mini spools (hardened)
- No full spools, Detroit lockers, limited slip or post tractions allowed.
WHEELS & TIRES:
- 8”steel wheels max.
- Tires 8″ wide. Must be track approved.
- Minimum 1/2″ lugs and 1″ nuts required for safety. 5/8″ Studs preferred.
- Modifications to wheel bearings for safety permitted.
- May run bead locks on the right side.
- Tire will be the Hoosier E mod D and A compounds and Hoosier medium (lake city tire). Hoosier wide chain E Mod Medium, A40, H40 & D40.
- No grooving of tires.
- MANDATORY. See general rules for additional requirements.
- Racing gas permitted. No other additives.
- All cars must weight a minimum of 3000 lbs. after race with driver. Crate motor cars 2900lb. All weight must be securely mounted with 2 ½” bolts per 50 lbs. Weights must be painted white with car number.
- All cars and drivers must meet & pass safety regulations.
- See the general rules for additional safety rules.
- Window net mandatory. Window net must unhook on top only. Hood and trunk must have hood pins. Battery must be self-contained and securely nounted in the battery tray.
If it’s not stated in the rules it doesn’t mean it’s approved. Please consult with the tech-man for approval. All tech decisions are final. The track reserves the right to add weight to any driver in the fairness of competition.
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER (THIS IS FOR ALL CLASSES)
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM THE PUBLICATION OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND/OR REGULATIONS. They are intended entirely as a guide for the conduct of the sport and in no way guarantee against injury or death to any participant, spectator or official.
The race director or Head Tech Inspector shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in their opinion do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATIONS OR DEVIATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials and is final and binding.
On occasion when situations arise that are not covered by written rules herein, special rulings may be put into effect by the track officials. Once such rulings are acted upon, they may become an act of policy and will be added to the existing rules and procedures.
The Management of Hendry County Motor Sports Park
No grinding or defacing of any casting numbers. Any motor parts with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal regardless of the reason. To pull and inspect a carburetor is $100. To pull a head the protest amount will be $150. To pull a camshaft will be $200. To pull a motor out to check the bottom end will be $500 (of which $100 will go to the tech inspector).
A proper protest will be completed as follows:
The protest has to be done by the driver on the front straight immediately after the feature and only by cars finishing in the top five and on the lead lap. The driver must notify the flagman or the front straightaway track official, which will then alert the car being protested. The car will then be impounded in tech and the protesting party will have 10 minutes to present the amount of money as stated above for what is being protested. This must be presented in the form of cash, money order or cashiers check. No business or personal checks will be accepted. The track officials, and only the track officials, shall determine when the 10 minutes will begin and the funds must be presented to the tech man.
**ADDITIONAL PROTEST RULE**
$100 for rear end, brakes, visual, wheel base, transmission or clutch.