2013 Mini Stock Rules
After the feature race, the top 3 cars must directly report to the tech shed after leaving the track. Also, spectators are not allowed past the concrete barriers. No one is permitted to approach the cars before or during the inspection without the track official’s authorization. Non-compliance will result in disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension according to the severity of the offense. Illegal parts will be confiscated and not returned. This is to keep these parts out of circulation. These rules shall be enforced at the sole discretion of the track officials and will be final and binding.
- All cars will weigh one pound per CC with driver after the race, with a minimum weight for all cars of 2000 lbs. Correct CC must be painted on hood of car or will be disqualified from that night’s event. Full tube chassis cars must add 50 lbs. in front of the flywheel. No penalty for overbore.
1. Any four cylinder American or Foreign made production sedan.
2. No sports cars, convertibles, high performance cars, station wagons, turbo, or rotary cars.
1. Roll Cage- minimum 1 ½” O.D. tubing (minimum and thickness .095).
– must have loop behind driver. One horizontal bar on passenger side. One
horizontal bar connecting front at dash. NO EXCEPTIONS. No square tubing.
Three door bars with gusset in driver’s door.
– 16 gauge steel plate welded or ¼” aluminum plate bolted on outside of driver’s door bars. Bars must be welded to frame and have 4 protective bars on driver’s side and must have an X-brace on passenger side and one door bar.
– Must have 16 gauge steel floor pan in front of pedals to rear of driver’s seat.
1. Grills may be removed and replaced with sheet metal between hood and bumper. No sheet metal below bumper. Gravel shield and radiator support may be removed. Pipe bumpers are authorized. Maximum 2” i.d. must be curved back into car even with inside of tire. NOT to protrude past outside of tire. No box, channel, or angle behind bumper. Bumper distance from level ground must be uniform for all cars in class. Bumpers must not exceed width of body. Ends must be rounded. All pipe must be capped and rounded.
1. Any stock or tube built frame. Must be steel. Main frame rails minimum 1 ¾” x .095” wall round tubing or 2”x2”x.120” wall square tubing. Wedge bolts optional, steel only. Wheel base: minimum 96”, maximum 101”
Front and rear bumpers can be no wider than body and must be rounded and capped on ends. They must be strong enough to lift car with.
Must have top and bottom loops to protect fuel cells.
Bumpers must have chains on front for lifting.
Can tie front and rear frames together. No offsetting.
1. After-market bodies legal. Steel and aluminum bodies okay. Fiberglass roof or hood are okay. Plastic nose is okay. No full wedge noses. If you make a flat plastic nose, it must go straight down from the bumper.
2. Trunk and engine compartments must be sealed from driver’s compartment with a steel firewall.
3. Maximum hood scoops height is 4”.
4. Must have safety bars in front of driver.
5. Must pass safety and technical inspections.
6. Spoilers maximum 6” high and may not exceed width of rear deck. Maximum body width at deck is 67” and 72” at the bottom.
7. Maximum spoiler width is 67’” with 4 braces maximum.
8. If you cannot easily crawl out right side of the car from driver’s seat, you will be required to have an escape hatch in the roof.
9. Bodies must have the number on both sides and roof, a minimum of 16” tall.
10. No wings or fins.
11. No bars outside of sheet metal.
1. Front: Tubular or remanufactured a-frames allowed.
2. Stock front spindles with stock brake rotors and calipers. (4 lug only)
3. Any steel tie rods or heim ends are okay. All tie rods and rod ends must be steel.
4. Any steel ball joints.
5. ONE shock per wheel, and ONE spring per wheel.
6. 2 coils or 2 leafs on car, no mixing.
7. Coil spring cars may run any steel or aluminum trailing arms with stock eyes or steel heim joints. Maximum 3 forward links and 1 panhard bar.
8. No rubber bushings, torque arms, or 4 link suspension. No bird cages.
9. Leaf springs may be on slides in rear.
10. Changing or springs permitted.
11. Lowering blocks and wedge bolts permitted.
12. Strut cars may use adjustable plates for caster camber adjustments.
13. Frame may be tied together with box tubing.
14. Tube chassis is okay, must be tied to driver compartment.
15. Rear suspension optional.
16. Aftermarket rack and pinions are okay. Any steering box is okay.
17. Any stock chassis with full firewall, floor pan and suspension mounts or picks ups will receive a 50 lb. weight break. (Must be approved by the tech official before race).
1. Front of head must not sit more than one inch behind ball joint.
2. No porting or polishing.
3. Ranger 2000CC with 2300CC head must claim 2300CC weight.
– No aftermarket or 4 valve heads permitted.
– Overheads cams may machine lifter bosses for lashes adjusters.
– Overhead cam heads may have cam towers reinforced.
5. Valve Job:
– Three-angle permitted (no more than 75 degrees).
– Stainless valves okay, must be stock diameter for engine.
– May use after-market springs retainers and locks.
– No titanium anywhere.
– Any flat top maximum .060 overbore plus wear. Toyota may run dome pistons.
– Steel rods only. May change rods bolts and floats pins end of rod.
– Stock cranks only.
– No lightweight or knife edging.
– May balance with normal balancing procedures. (IE: drilling or adding heavy metal).
9. Blocks: Stock blocks only. No after-markets. Piston may not protrude from deck. Head and main studs optional.
10. Optional Equipment: Valve covers, oil pan, air filter, camshaft, headers and timing gears. No roller gears. No roller cam lifters or rocker arms. Adjustable camgear is okay.
11. Stock unaltered OEM intake.
12. Optional after-market MSD o.k.
13. 490 lift cam is okay.
1. Factory stock carburetor or stock factory replacement carburetor or any track approved two barrel not to exceed 500 CFM.
2. May run Holley 4412, 500 CFM two barrel.
3. Removal of choke butterflies and shaft permitted.
4. May change jets. (may be made of aluminum or material to isolate heat).
5. Carburetor adaptor:
– May be made of aluminum or material to isolate heat.
– May not exceed 1” height (spacer and adapter maximum 1.65” including gaskets).
– Only straight type. Squirter may be used. No spider type squirters.
1. 12 volt battery operated.
2. Optional after-market MSD is okay.
3. No crank triggered.
4. Electronic ignition permitted.
5. No coil packs, crank triggered ignitions or magnates allowed.
6. Must have battery disconnect switch.
1. Gasoline ONLY!!!
2. May run electric pumps with oil pressure cut off switch and master electrical shut-off switch accessible to drivers and safety personnel.
1. Quick steer for the steering box allowed.
2. Quick steering wheel release mandatory.
1. Stock type must have all forward and reverse gears, standard or automatic (torque convertor included).
2. Steel drive shafts only. Must be painted white. Mo aluminum, carbon fiber, or exotic materials.
3. For safety drive shaft must have 360 degree drive shaft loop, a minimum of 1” steel round pipe. Or 1 ½”x ¼” steel flat bar.
4. Steel spools or welded spider gears o.u.
5. Scatter shield recommended.
1. Interchanging or rear ends and transaxles permitted.
2. Locked differential permitted.
3. Floater or quick change okay.
4. Any stock passenger car rear end with 4 lug pattern o.u.
1. Stock Diameter steel flywheel and clutch assembly only. 8lb. minimum. Stock type clutch only. May run solid center disc. Minimum 7 ½” diameter. Hydraulic Clutch pedal okay.
2. Flywheel: optional, must be stock diameter. Minimum 15 lbs. All to be weighed on track scales.
1. Must have at least 3 working brakes. If RF brake is not used it must be removed from spindle.
2. No shut offs.
3. May run aftermarket pedals and master cylinders.
4. Brake bias permitted.
5. Rear drum brake or disc brake. Must use steel calipers. Hats may be aluminum. Rotors may be steel aftermarket (bolt on only).
1. 8” wide track approved racing tires permitted. 2013 Goodyear, American Racer, and Hoosier Tires are approved.
2. Steel wheel only 8” maximum width (13”x8” steel wheels only).
3. Over-sized studs and lugs permitted for safety.
4. 13” tires only.
5. May run bead locks on right side only.
Fuel Cell: MANDATORY!!! Must pass safety inspection.
1. May be relocated and must be covered and securely strapped down.
2. Cars must be self-starting at all times.
1. One pound per CC with driver after race, with a minimum weight of 2,000 lbs. Maximum weight of 2,650 lbs. Full tube chassis cars must add 50 lbs. in front of flywheel.
2. Three-angle valve job is okay.
3. Any stock chassis with full firewall, floor pan, and suspension mounts or picks ups will receive 50 lbs. weight break. (must be approved by tech official before race)
The absence of a specific rule or item does not mean it is approved. Consult with the tech-man for approval.
No grinding or defacing of any casting numbers. Any motor parts with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal regardless of the reason. To pull and inspect a carburetor is $100.00. To pull a head the protest amount will be $150.00. To pull a camshaft will be $200.00. To pull a motor out to check the bottom end will be $500.00 (of which $100.00 will go to the tech inspector).
A proper protest will be completed as follows:
The protest has to be done by the driver on the front straight immediately after the feature and only by cars finishing in the top five and on the lead lap. The driver must notify the flagman or the front straightaway track official, which will then alert the car being protested. The car will then be impounded in tech and the protesting party will have ten (10) minutes to present the amount of money as stated above for what is being protested. This must be presented in the form of cash, money order, or cashier’s check. No business or personal checks will be accepted. The track officials, and only the track officials, shall determine when the ten (10) minutes will begin and the funds must be presented to the tech man.
***Additional Protest Rule***
$100.00 for rear end, brakes, visual, wheel base, transmission, or clutch.
ALL interpretations by the track are final. The track reserves the right to add weight to any competitor in the fairness of competition.