Race procedures for the Thunder Stock Winter Nationals
- Raceceivers are mandatory. And must be worn at all times while on the racing surface.
- Driver is responsible for the actions of his crew and all guests. Any disrespectful behavior toward fans, competitors, officials, or staff of HMCP will result in disqualification of the driver and car from competition.
- Drivers are not permitted to exit their car on to the racing surface unless your car is on fire or upside down noncompliance with this rule will result in immediate DQ. Any team member stepping on to the racing surface will also result in the immediate DQ of the driver and car from the event.
- All restarts will be Delaware double file restarts until 10 laps to go (lap 65). In the event of multiple incidents resulting in excess cautions, and at the discretion of the race director who will notify drivers via race receiver that restarts will then be single file for the remainder of the event.
- All competitors will be given 2 laps to change a flat (feature only)
- Top 2 in each heat race will redraw for starting position (4 heat races or less) winners will redraw (5 heat races or more).
- Any competitor who causes 3 cautions in any one event will be asked to park their car for the remainder of that event including the feature event.
- Any competitor who is involved in a wreck, meaning they make contact and stop, will be sent to the rear of the field. If a competitor spins to avoid with no contact will be sent back to their spot.
- Any competitor who deliberately takes out another competitor will be sent to the rear and the competitor who spins will be sent back to their original spot unless they have to go to the pit area. Any incidents judged to be aggressive rough driving will result in disqualification either under green or caution.
- Any competitor who jumps a start/restart will receive 1 warning, the next occurrence will result in a penalty of being moved back 1 row. (2 positions)
- Any tie in qualifying times will be broken by the competitor who qualifies first in the qualifying order.
- Any competitor who qualifies out of order will only receive 1 qualifying lap.
- Any competitor who goes to the pits for any reason will restart at the rear of the field.
- Any physical confrontation will result in the aggressor/aggressors being disqualified.
- Any competitor changing cars for any reason, must start at the rear of the field.
- In the event of a red flag a car MAY NOT return to the pit area until the yellow flag is displayed.
- All technical violations will be the call of the technical inspector.
- Redraw order will be as follows:
Heat race 1 winner draws 1st
Heat race 2 winner draws 2nd
Heat race 3 winner draws 3rd
Heat race 4 winner draws 4th
Heat race 1 2nd place draws 5th
Heat race 2 2nd place draws 6th
Heat race 3 2nd place draws 7th
Heat race 4 2nd place draws 8th
- If there are 5 or more heat races only the winners will draw in order of the heat race they won.