2012 V-8 BOMBER/POWDER PUFF RULES
American-made, rear-wheel drives only. 1970 and thereafter models only. No foreign, convertibles, trucks, four-wheel drive or front wheel drive cars allowed. Weight 3400 lbs with driver.
- Must remain complete stock for make and model. Minimum wheelbase of 104” Centerline of front wheels to centerline of rear wheels (cannot alter). Both sides must be the same. NO CHOPPING, SHORTENING, OR CHANELLING. Doors must be welded shut. No rub or push bars on the outside of the car. All vehicles must have windshield bars welded vertically directly in front of the driver. All glass, plastic grills, light emblems, dash, lights, seats and other possible hazards must be removed.
- NO FRONT OR REAR BUMPER reinforcement, MUST REMAIN STOCK. All sheet metal, roof height, firewalls, floor pans, and body mounts must remain stock location and dimensions. Front fender wells may be removed. Hood and trunk lids may be gutted. Trunk may be cut for fuel cell clearance only. Trunk and fuel cell area must be tightly sealed from the driver compartment. No decking allowed. No rear spoilers. Window net must unhook from the top. Battery must be self contained and securely mounted in the battery tray. No down bars through front or rear fire wall. (If car previously had down bars they will have to be cut off and the car will again be legal to complete. As long as it meets all other criteria of a bomber.)
- Steering and components must be stock or quick release only. No Quick Steer. Stock type springs front and rear (coil or leaf). Stock springs must be same height, coil for coil, and same diameter. Springs must have pigtail at both ends. No racing springs! Shocks must be mounted in original position. One shock per wheel. No coil-over’s. No racing shocks! Any stock replacements shocks, steel body only, NO extensions, non- take apart, non-revalveable. Must be in stock location. OEM replacement shock, no air shocks. Nothing to gain a traction advantage. Stock means stock. Must retain stock sway bar, no heating or tweaking. Upper and lower control arms must remain stock with stock ball joint. Stock power steering pumps only.
- Must have full roll cage with four (4) points 1-3/4 inch body by .095 welded to frame. Driver side door must have at least four (4) bars, (1/8 inch steel plates highly recommended). Passenger door must have at least three (3) bars or (X) in. Must have support cross bar behind the driver for proper positioning of the seat belt harness. No black iron or fence tubing. Racing aluminum seat only. Must be mounted to cage. Five point racing harness must be attached to the roll cage.
- OEM automatic or completely stock standard. No 10-1/2” Corvette or smaller diameter. No 2-speed power glides. Stock flywheel. No aluminum flywheels. No lightening. No high performance or special order parts. No ram couplers or direct drive. No stall converters.
- All gears must be in working order. Torque converters must be OEM type for transmission used and all in working order.
- OEM type only. May NOT be locked. No floaters or quick changes. No shortening or lengthening of upper or lower control arms.
- Stock Drive Shafts ONLY. Drive shaft hoops are required within 12” Of front U-joint. No aluminum drive shafts. All Drive shafts must be painted white.
- All 4 brakes must be in working order. No brake adjusters of any kind. Stock OEM calipers only. (Calibers must be the same size). No aftermarket brake pedals.
- OEM type only. Fuel cells are required with roll over valve in 18-gauge can. Must be securely mounted with at least 2” X 1/8” steel straps. Stock fuel pump as from manufacturer. No electric fuel pumps. 10” minimum ground clearance. May run fuel line inside car, must be ran through steel breaded line or sealed conduit. PUMP GAS ONLY
- NO ADDITIVES OF ANY KIND.
- Stock carburetors. Stock 4412 500 cfm only. (# must be on carburetor). Stock Quadra jet allowed. No front loads. NO MODIFICATIONS WHAT SO EVER.
- No ADDED weight allowed.
- Completely stock, must be stock for year, make and model. Engine must remain in stock location for year, make and model. Headers are not allowed. No high performance parts.
- Must pull 20 lb. vacuum (at stock idle between 800 and 1000 rpms). No 4 or 6 cylinder engines. Any block with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal. Oil pan and fuel pump must remain stock. Aftermarket pulleys are NOT allowed. Metric G body cars may run a Chevrolet 350 motor.
- NO MODIFICATIONS WHAT SO EVER.
- Any heads with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal. Any Open Chamber Stock Heads (minimum 72cc) NO CLOSED CHAMBER. Stock Valves 1.94 intake 1.50 exhaust. No Polly lock or roller rockers allowed. No Vortec or bowtie heads allowed. No porting. No polishing. No angle cutting. RODS Stock Production Rods only 5.7.
- NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Stock cast cranks ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Ignition system and all components must be completely stock as the manufacture unless stated. All GM models must be 4 prong modules only. All cars must be self-started at all times. NO MODIFICATIONS WHAT SO EVER.
- 3 Steel wheels 15×7 or 15×8 with stock offset. Tires must be D.O.T. approved 225 or 230 radial 70 series. All tires must be same size except right front. No recaps period.
- Goodyear, Hoosier or American Racer 26.5x8x15 series tire on right front only with 3” Offset. Medium compound tire may be used. Right front wheel can be 15×7 or 15×8 (must be steel). Wheels must have 1” lug nuts.
- Right front must have 5/8” studs. May use 5/8” studs on all wheels (used Hoosier racing series tire may also be used on the right front).
- Anything not mentioned must remain stock.
No grinding or defacing of any casting numbers. Any motor parts with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal regardless of the reason. To pull and inspect a carburetor is $100.00. To pull a head the protest amount will be $150.00. To pull a camshaft will be $200.00. To pull a motor out to check the bottom end will be $500.00 (of which $100.00 will go to the tech inspector).
A proper protest will be completed as follows:
The protest has to be done by the driver on the front straight immediately after the feature and only by cars finishing in the top five and on the lead lap. The driver must notify the flagman or the front straightaway track official, which will then alert the car being protested. The car will then be impounded in tech and the protesting party will have 10 minutes to present the amount of money as stated above for what is being protested. This must be presented in the form of cash, money order, or cashiers check. No business or personal checks will be accepted. The track officials, and only the track officials, shall determine when the 10 minutes will begin and the funds must be presented to the tech man.
**ADDITIONAL PROTEST RULE**
$100.00 for rear end, brakes, visual, wheel base, transmission, or clutch.