NEW GLADIATOR 4 AND 6 CYLINDER BOMBER RULES FOR 2011
To provide entry level stock car racing for NEW NOVICE BEGINNER AND INEXPERIENCED DRIVERS. You will be racing for a small purse and trophies. (if you get carried away with building your car you will find yourself in the Mini stock division.) This class is a beginner type class. It is for new drivers to get in and have a good time for very little money. We do not want professional or experienced drivers to get into this class. No driver may compete in the Gladiator/Bomber class and any other division in the same night without permission from track management. If a driver competes in any other division, with the exception of the v-8 bombers for more than three night. The driver may not return to that division for the remainder of the season.
No grinding or defacing of any casting numbers. Any motor part with missing or altered casting numbers are illegal regardless of the reason. To pull and inspect a carburetor $100.00. To pull a head the protest amount will be $150.00. To pull a cam shaft will be $200.00. To pull a motor out to check the bottom end will be $500.00. $100.00 of which will go to the tech inspector.
A proper protest will be completed as follows. The protest has to be done by the driver on the front straight immediately after the feature and only by cars finishing in the top five and on the lead lap. The driver must notify the flagman or the front straightaway track official, who will then alert the car being protested. The car will then be impounded in tech and the protesting party will have 10 minutes to present the amount of money as stated above for what is being protested. This must be presented in the form of cash, money order, or cashiers check. No business or personal checks will be accepted. The track officials and only the track officials shall determine when the 10 minutes will begin and funds must be presented to the tech man.
“ADDITIONAL PROTEST RULE”
$100.00 For Rear end, Brakes, visual, wheel base, Transmission, or clutch.
Any 4 or 6 cylinder, front or rear wheel drive car or truck, max 106” wheel base. Completely stock OEM! No turbos or super chargers. No special order or high performance cars. Must be available for purchase in the U.S.A. (I.O. No over seas specials.) No gutting, chopping, torching or cutting. Leave it alone.
BODY AND INTERIOR
- Remove all glass, exterior trim, excess metal, seats, interior headliner and all flammable material from interior. Rear compartment must be sealed from the drivers compartment with steel firewall. No decking behind driver. A Minimum 4 point roll cage 1.50x.095 required with properly mounted seat and a 5 point harness. Must have safety bars in front of the driver. Doors may be gutted for roll bar clearance only. Trunk floor may be cut for fuel cell installation. Holes in firewall must be plugged. Front end in front of the strut towers may be fabricated after a wreck. ATT: YOU MUST HAVE TOW CHAINS ON THE FRONT AND REAR BUMPERS. Fire extinguisher must be installed properly within reach of the driver. Must have a battery cutoff switch installed and CLEARLY MARKED!
- Must remain complete. Stock right front spring may be replace with a heavy spring for safety. All other springs will be stock. This will be checked on a regular basis. 3 Degrees of chamber is allowed.
- Stock engine for make and model may not exceed the factory specs for compression and vacuum. This will also be checked on a regular basis. The driver must provided the factor specs for his/her car on request of the tech inspector. Motor manual, Chilton manual ect. No factory cast headers 2300 ford motors .030 bore is all that is allowed. Engines may be reconditioned using factory spec parts. Completely OEM stock engine for year, make, and model. No tinkering with engines. GM 3.1 MAX, FORD 3.0 MAX, DOGE 3.0 MAX. Open chamber heads only. 4 barrel carburetor MAX.
- Fuel injection system for that make an model. No rotary engines. No turbos allowed. Dual overhead cam is allowed.
- Stock transmission must be in complete working order. All forward and reverse gears must all work.
- May be relocated but must be in a marine type box and fastened properly. All cars must be self started at all times. Battery must be secured inside of the car.
- Must be completely stock. No locked or limited slip, only one wheel may drive the car. Drive shaft must be painted white. (it will be checked)
PASSENGER TIRES ONLY
- All tires and rims must be the same size. You may use 13”, 14”, 15”, or 16” rims and 60, 70, 75, 78, or 80 series D.O.T. approved tire. (ALL WHEELS AND TIRES MUST BE THE SAME SIZE!) No truck or trailer tires. No soaking, cutting, grooving. No alterations of any kind may be made to the tires. All tires will be the same series. NO RACING TIRES. NO ALUMINUM WHEELS.
- If stock gas tank is located ahead of the rear axle, it may remain in place. If stock gas tank is behind the rear axle, it must be removed and replace with a fuel cell or boat tank.( max. of 8 gallons.) Fuel cell/boat tank must be covered, secured and located in the trunk.
- If equipped, they must be removed.
- Must slide all 4 wheels and must be stock for said make and model of car.
- Must be welded or chained shut. Drivers door plate MANDATORY!
ROLL BARS MANDATORY
- 4 point roll cage mounted with 2 points mounted behind the driver and 2 in front, Optional: Driver side minimum of 2 horizontal crash bars should installed and connected to the down bars of the roll cage to protect the driver from side impact, or a minimum single loop behind the driver.
- (Snell 95 or better), race type seatbelts (4 or 5 point harness minimum), and gloves required. A double layer fire suit is MANDATORY.
WINDOW NET MANDATORY
- Fire extinguisher in driver cockpit is MANDATORY.
- All cars must weigh a minimum of 2200 lbs. with the driver after race.
All GLASS REMOVED
- Including tail lights, markers, and mirrors. Third brake light must remain intact and operable. To compete all cars must be cleaned out from any loose material, broken glass, etc. full window screen mandatory.
DRIVER FLOOR PAN
- Must be complete. NO holes
- Are subject to a minimum specification inspection at any time. It is the responsibility of the driver to prepare their car free from defects and in safe racing conditions.
- Must be at least 24” tall and contrasting color.
- Suggestive language, symbols or numbers allowed on the cars.
THE RACE WILL BE RED FLAGGED
- If a car or debris is in harm’s way, at the flagman’s discretion. All cars must stop wherever they are, at the time of the red flag.
ALL OTHER PARTS ARE STRICTLY STOCK.
CAR CLAIMING PROCEDURES
- In order to claim a car the driver must have competed in six race events in the Gladiator division. The driver must finish on the lead lap and behind the car he/she is claiming. The driver then may claim the car for $650.00 cash. The driver must stop on the front straight away and notify the flagman of the claim. Then the cars will be pushed to tech. The driver being claimed may remove all safety equipment from the car including fuel cell if installed. The driver being claimed keeps the entire amount of cash $650.00 and the car of the claiming driver. The claiming drive may also remove his/her safety equipment. If a driver refuses to surrender a car being claimed he/she will be disqualified. Abuse of this claimer rule will not be tolerated. The track reserves the right to also claim any one’s car in the division for the same dollar amount. Remember inexpensive racing!